Friday, September 11, 2009

Valentino Rock ‘n Rose Couture


I was instantly attracted to Valentino’s, Rock ‘n Rose Couture while browsing the fragrance section in the SoHo Bloomingdales. A beautiful round glass bottle with a pentagonal pyramid pointed top, veiled in black lace with an ebony rosette tilted to the side, complete with a label that read, "Rock ‘n Rose Couture," in platinum metallic script. I was captivated by the bottle which evoked images of sultry Flamenco dancers, with percussionistic castanets perched to the side. I had to have this Rock ‘n Rose Couture.

It was almost a year that this sexy bottle sat in my boudoir. At last, I decided to use the treasured elixir. I am not usually a rose aficionado, but my other fragrances were waning. I sprayed Rock ‘n Rose Couture, inhaling the soft feminine blend of black currant, rose, gardenia, vanilla and musk. I liked the fragrance, but I was not quite sure how I felt about it with my body chemistry.

I was off about my day, waiting at a crosswalk when a man next to me commented, “Wow, you smell really good.” I was charmed. By the end of the day I hadn’t thought much more of the fragrance choice until my husband returned home. He buried his head in my neck and inhaled and said, “You smell gorgeous.” I was sold! I wear perfume every day and even after showering at night and he rarely comments. Needless to say, Valentino Rock ‘n Rose Couture is a new favorite.