Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hello Kitty – Lexx Perry’s Luxury Streetwear


Today was a chilly, cloudy and rainy day here in Brooklyn. It’s always on the days when we don’t wear sunscreen that we come across the blazing hot designer surprises. Dodging raindrops and rushing to the subway, I passed a store window that sang to me as I passed. Needless to say, before I could talk myself out of it, my umbrella was left at the door and I was inside the boutique browsing summer gear.


In the glass case in the center of the store glittered a glammed out Hello Kitty purse, crystallized by Swarovski and draped with a bubblegum pink chain shoulder strap. The inside of the bag was lined in metallic silver leather and ice cream colored flowers surrounded the Hello Kitty image on the front. Immediately I had to hold this adorable piece of art.


I had the privilege of speaking to shop owner and designer, Lexx Perry.
This Brooklyn native studied at New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology and has designed fashion forward accessories since 1994.


He creates stunning urban chic arm cuffs of his signature materials and enhances them with studs and crystal.














Lexx Perry creates custom sneakers like the high tops with ascending wings that he dons here.



Lexx Perry’s luxury streetwear can be found in stores across the United States and the Caribbean. Perry’s Supernova Boutique is located in Brooklyn, NY at 741 Fulton Street 11217. For those of you in the New York area, check out Supernova for their private sale on Wednesday, July 29, 2009. If you are not so fortunate to be in the Big Apple, check out Lexx Perry’s designs online or in boutiques across the country.